Friday, June 27, 2008

FHE

So one of my many goals for my maternity leave (other than figuring out this whole blog thing) is to try and attempt to implement some form of a routine into our lives as we now embark on this new phase ie Johnny now finished with school, working full-time and I am home with the kids. So Family Home Evening was one of those things in the back of my mind that I really have wanted to start. So Monday night we did it. My lesson was on Thomas S. Monson, our new prophet, (see if I was a hard core blogger their would be a link right here to church's website). To me the lesson proved successful when the next morning while attempting to do Syd's hair she came to me with one of the pictures I had cut out from the Ensign and said, "The prophet wants me to have clips"

3 comments:

The McGary Family said...

The prophet wants me to have a chocolate milkshake...oh, wait, that was my baby talking...
Love that Syd listened to your lesson. Countdown, only 1 more week til you guys are here!!

michelle said...

Cuuuuute...

Next time she doesn't want to go to sleep, tell her the prophet wants her to go to bed on time.

Jaime Rubio said...

Who said that kids don't listen to Family Home Evening? Maybe you can use Family Home Evening to also get her to eat her veggies!!!!