Monday, May 11, 2009

Magic Kingdom
















The first official leg of our marathon was the one I was most excited for-Magic Kingdom. Even now as an adult I still get giddy with excitment at going to Disneyland and going to Walt Disney World has been a life long dream (as silly as that might seem) Stan and April surprised us with matching reunion shirts to wear to the park and with ears on and a lot of sunscreen we headed out. You either have to take the monorail (which we did) or a ferry from the parkinglot to the park

We hit a few rides before we met up with everyone for Dumbo and lunch. We had a great day. Our Disney moment came when Syd met Alice in Wonderland- Alice was so sweet especially when the white rabbit showed up scarring Sydney. She walked back over to Syd crouched down and said, "This is my friend, the White Rabbit, he is silly and sometimes just shows up-would you like to meet him?" Syd nodded and then Alice walked her over to meet him. It was so sweet. Now Syd refused to go see any other character except princesses, but oh well.
Right before we got on Pirates we were able to look up into the sky and see in the distance the shuttle launch-very cool
Overall a great day, but personally I would take Disneyland anytime over Magic Kingdom.


Note: My vanity kicked common sense out the window in terms of my shoe selection- while my shoes looked cute and I have worn them to work tons- I still ended up with 5blisters!

2 comments:

The McGary Family said...

ok, my comments: the pic of you and mom in front of the castle...um our castle sucks compared to disney world's!! That castle is amazing!!
Also, loved the last pic of your two little ones with the matching shirts and mickey ears, and Syd's pose with her leg!!! love it.

michelle said...

I love the pictures, especially the last one with Syd and Cash in the Mickey Mouse hats - both are posed with such personality. What a fun trip, blisters and all.