Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Good Baby?

So I ventured with the 3 kids to church Sunday (by myself and we were on time!) and while I was sitting with my "good baby" in the foyer because her little noises were distracting to a silent room of teenagers who were supposed to be feeling the spirit and bearing their testimonies. Multiple people stopped by to see Jane (and thankfully not touch her) and I was asked the same question at least 3x is she a good baby? to which I replied she's great, but it made me think how can a baby not be good? how can a baby be considered good or then its opposite of bad? Babies are babies- if they are fussy it does not make them bad- up at night? again par for the course they are babies! So I am not sure exactly why when people see a new baby they rely on the fall back question of is she a good baby? only second to assuming that every baby is a boy- that one is less annoying to me- I will have to bear Jane being referred to as a boy until her hair comes in around the age of 2 especially since I live in the hairbow capital of the world.

SO to the world at large Yes SHE is a good baby- and I love her very much

2 comments:

Jeremy and Jami said...

The church endeavor is always an adventure. Good for you! And you're right about all the constant comments (that tend to be the same thing). My favorite so far (which comes from any mouth when they see all three of my girls) "you must have your hands full." Ah, to learn to reply gracefully to the same comment for the 98th time.

The McGary Family said...

well maybe if she did wear a hairbow less people would ask if she was a boy...just saying that you're pretty lucky to live in the hairbow capital of the world...do you want me to send you Peyton's flower headbands? Jane would look very cute with the BIG rose!!