Monday, May 9, 2011

If We Act Now. . .

Ok- I know to some extent I have "sheltered" my kids in terms of the TV shows they have been exposed to. Basically only the Disney Channel (just Disney Junior) and then some of the shows on PBS kids, so when I let Sydney watch "Cookie Jar" TV aka CBS Saturday morning line-up she was enthralled, not by the cartoons, but the commercials! We proceeded to have the following conversations when she would run upstairs to grab a quick snack or to tell me what she saw

Conversation 1

S- Mom do you have pajama jeans?

L- No, Boo what are they?

S- Well, they are pajamas BUT they are jeans as well (then she did this dramatic pause so I could take in the sheer awesomeness of this product) They are really cool-you should get some

L-Well thanks Syd maybe I will

Conversation 2

S- Mom guess what?

L- What?

S-Ok, so I just saw this really cool wallet on TV (she is totally talking with her hands at this point) you could run it over with a like (yup even though this girl was born in Utah, she still appreciates the fine use of the word like) a 20 pound truck and it won't break- you could drop it in a puddle and your stuff- it won't stain!

L- (I am trying sooooo hard not to laugh) wow Syd thats sounds really cool

So Sydney goes down stairs and I go in to tell Johnny all about it- within minutes I hear this from the basement

S- Hey Mom- its made from aluminum

When she emerges from the basement she goes to tell Johnny all about the wallet

S- Dad guess what they have this wallet and if we act now they will send us 2 wallets and the 2nd one is free, but we we have to act now. . .

No we need to go back to monitoring her TV shows- I see an ab roller, Snuggie and other as seen on TV items will be on the top of her Christmas list!

3 comments:

jenny_moffat said...

Ahhh, the Aluma Wallet. I have heard how awesome this wallet is from Julia and Jack. It's amazing, they told me the same things that Sydney told you. Though I have not heard of Pajama jeans. I might have to ask Sydney about them. My kids only get to watch PBS kids (we don't have cable) and the few Saturday morning cartoons they can watch before I hear them and get up. It is amazing what they get sucked into.

michelle said...

hahahaha

MM said...

I feel you--same deal here. we usually watch PBS, but have recently discovered Qubo and all the infomercial stuff is hilarious--my kids are convinced we need each and every thing advertised and after only a few times of watching, they can practically quote me the features and reasons we MUST buy--it's enough to make me turn off the TV sometimes!