Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day



For me Memroial Day does just what it names says- it is a day filled with Memories-

as a kid it was the day we would either go to Downey to my granparents house- play in the hot tub and bbq- to this day the smell of steak on the bbq reminds me of my grandpa or we would head to my Aunt Diane's where we would swim, hang out in the Green's van, eat cool ranch doritos, peanut butter rice crspy treats and of course red slush!

now as an adult or more specifically a Mom we have started new traditions- once again living in Utah for the most part the graves we would visit are in California, leaving Johnny and I to create new traditions, so for us Memorial Day=backyard campout well. . .once again Mother Nature is throwing us a curve ball and it is still raining in UTAH! so enter Johnny- and his backup plan- blanket fort in our living room. I had to go into work for a few hours on Saturday night and came home to a serious blanket fort. Johnny should add blanket fort construction to his resume. With poles, c clamps and every large blanket we own oh and it also included our queen mattress, syd's twin mattress and cash's toddler bed mattress. So for two nights we "camped" in style. Then this morning we went "orienteering" in the form of geocaching. It was suprisingly fun.

With that said- I want to say how grateful I am to those who have given thier lives so that I may live in a country that is free. Thank you.

1 comment:

Cathy Lewis said...

Yea for Johnny and the fort. You and your sisters created smaller versions in our front room years ago (I think I'm glad that you didn't think to move in your bed mattresses!).