Monday, December 22, 2008

Oh Syd. . .

Well just like Bill Cosby (I think it was him) kids say the darnedest things and Sydney is one of them. here have been 3 of my favorites the past few weeks.

Stockings: Sydney loves to move the Christmas stockings (or socks as she calls them) around and change up there order. Note: we have 4 hooks for stockings, but have 5 stockings (including Rosco) so someone has to double up-my personal set-up is that Cash's new stocking (thanks Mom) covers Rosco's. Well, Sydney put my stocking on Johnny's which is fine, the classic part is that while doing it she said, "Mommy you go on top of Daddy because you were married in the temple"

"I'm nice"- so for anyone who listens to me talk or blog about Syndey this holiday season there has been a lot with Sysney and being naughty/nice and Santa Claus. Well, last week I warned Sydney that she was being naughty and she better watch out or I would call Santa and she informed me with her hands on her hips, " Go ahead- I just saw Santa (at our ward social a few days prior) and he said I was nice!" AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! then she added with equal attitude, "and Mom you are still the thumb!" I am in some serious trouble when she is a teenager.

Microphones: Like all kids Sydney loves to speak (more like yell)into microphones. So tonight at our house Preston (one of Johnny's former Young Men) brought his mic and guitar so he, Johnny and Sydney could practice some Christmas songs. They are planning on coming up to my work tomorrow night to sing to the patients. Well, Syd kept getting in trouble for yelling into the mic and after repeated requests from Johnny she turned to him and said, "i bet you yelled into the mic when you were a kid!" and truthfully he probably did.

No comments: