Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mom Just Calm Down

Well, just as I was composing my thoughts for this blog, Sydney walked over to me with the pockets of her little pink shorts bulging with change and when I shot her the look her response was a sweet, "Mom just calm down"- good try Syd.
Poor Sydney has received several looks this weekend ranging from the "not everyone at church wants to see your panties please sit like a princess" to the Laura classic, "I'm done (appropriate for most occasions)" then there have been moments where she just makes me smile like telling me she really misses her husband and can't wait for him to come home. So I asked her what are you going to do when he gets home? Her response was "Oh we are going to play and kiss for a week!) Seriously I do not know where she gets its! I can figure out the husband gone thing because Johnny has been in Vegas this weekend, but the kissing for a week? Man I am in some serious trouble.


Separate from needing to pull out The Look, counting to 5 and a few other things this weekend have there have been several perks:
1. Out of guilt Johnny installed the fence I have been dying to have up for 2 years on Friday before he left!
2. I only had to share the bed with Rosco (well until Sydney joined me)
3. I could pick up a Little Caesars $5 pizza for dinner
4. I got to do what I wanted to on a Saturday night (stay in and read a book)

and the never fun reality check
1. the house is still hard to keep clean (he must not be the total cause)
2. I still could not make it to church on time
3. He is really helpful in sacrament meeting by selflessly taking Cash to the foyer

well, at least the perks out weigh the cons!

1 comment:

Jaime Rubio said...

How cute are you! Even though we think that our hubbies are messy, I can be just as messy as he is!!! Oh how I wish I lived closer to you so that I can help you out--at least Johnny is on his way home!