Thursday, April 16, 2009

When it Rains it

FLOODS! Yes, on Wednesday night I was waiting up to here news about my sister, Michelle labor status and fell asleep down stairs. Well at midnight when I woke up I started talking to Johnny about where he was going to put his newly purchased drum set- so we got up and looked into his office when Johnny moved over our tubs filled with winter clothes and discovered our water-yup the snow melts, the rain falls and our basement floods! So luckily I am married to man who knows how to jerry rig a sump pump in the middle of the night (thanks to my glue gun and all old scrunchie) and that I willingly swallow my pride when I told Johnny months ago that he should return the pump and save us some money and that we stopped to talk about the drum set and discovered the water before he reached any of the new carpet and that the three rooms with water all had tile floors. So with some new baseboards it will be as good as new.

Oh- and baby, Eleanor Marian Aller arrived a little after 2 in the morning and she is beautiful!

1 comment:

Kristi David said...

I hear ya on the floods sista! We too, were saved by tile!