Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Big Race





So first off I would like to declare that I am NOT by any means a runner-just a girl-a wife-a mom- who once I set a goal need to accomplish it. Truthfully I have not set any real goals (save the standard New Years Resolutions) since I wanted to graduate college. So. . .having the goal to complete a half marathon was a huge challenge since I am not athletic or active by any stretch of the imagination. So after 4 months of training, the big day arrived! With my little sister by my side and my family cheerng us on we did it! 13.1 miles! I actually did it! and just like any goal all of the hard work and preparation made crossing the finish line so amazing! So thank you to Michelle for making our schedule- to my double jogger-for the countless miles of abuse-my sweet children who tolerated being stuck in that jogger-Johnny for knowing when to push me- My sister Andrea who was unable to do it with us but cheered us on and My Mom and brother who got up very early to support us- I really appreciate it,

1 comment:

Amy said...

Way to go! I am impressed! That is awesome that you did it! I remember you talking about it back at Lis' b-day bash, so way to go!