Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Birthday Girl


It is amazing to me how details of certain days can stick with you-one such day was April 27, 2005- it was the day my OB told me that I would need to be induced that night. As any of my friends would vouch, the mention of labor would cause my knees to lock up as a involountary reflex, I was petrified at the thought of labor, let alone being induced which is why the mention of either things sent my blood pressure up a little-in turn causing the need for the induction. I rembember watching with Johnny our favorite show, Alias and putting off calling the hospital to see if they we ready for me as long as possible. We finally checked it at around 11:45pm and they got the ball rolling. At the end at 4:12pm on the 28th was the most amazing thing- my little girl- Sydney Jay. She has continued to cause me push my comfort levels (dealing wiht throw up for one) and my fears of not being able to protect her from everything! but just like that night five years ago- the joy of being her Mom out weighs all of the concerns/fears. She is so amazing and when she gets this twinlke in her eyes- man it is hard to say no to her. So Happy Birthday my Syd Jay- thank you for 5 amazing years- I love how artisitic you are, how you love help me around the house, how you laugh and just you being you!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Laura--she is a very special little girl. I love her insightful comments. And I adore Cash's long hair...

I'm glad you survived your Supernanny experience in CA. Sounded positively horrible. :)