Monday, October 11, 2010

Kids the darndest (meanest) things

So Cash finally figured out that it is BYU and not BYme and the other day he stated, "I go BYU" which dream crusher Sydney quickly refuted-"You don't go to BYU Cash" so I jumped in saying "Well if Cash studies hard and is smart he can go to BYU" (disclaimer-I am BY no means implying that you are not smart if you did not go to BYU) then Syd looked at me with shock mixed with 5 year old attitude "Well you went there and you are not smart" OUCH!! so instead of flinging mud back in a very mature fashion I used my words and said, "Sydney what you said hurt my feelings" naively thinking my saying this would impact her, oh no- her response, "I''m sorry, I just didn't know that you were smart"

1 comment:

me and my boys said...

Oh dear, you need to watch out for that one Lo! If it makes you feel any better, my first graders have doubts about my intelligence after I admitted making a mistake...OUT LOUD *audible gasp from whole class* :)