Friday, July 24, 2009

Gardner's Village:Pioneer Day



If you live in Utah- Pioneer Day can mean several things ranging from another silly Mormon thing-to another 3 day weekend- or for many a chance to have some fun while reflecting on our pioneer heritage. With my Mom in town, I wanted to do something fun- but neither one of us were too keen on the whole parade thing, so we watched it on TV for a while then we headed out. When my Mom comes to town there are few stops on or lists everytime- one of them is to head to Gardner's Village (a bunch of fun shops in old pioneer houses) which fit in with the whole pioneer thing and to top it off- they were doing a fun scavenger hunyt. My Mom loves puzzles and so with her help we figured out all of our clues and got a cookie as a reward. Then we headed up to Shriners to do a fun activity with the patients. Then of course a BBQ that night and then to Liberty Park for a great fireworks display.
I am truly grateful for my pioneer heritage and the courage it took for them to leave all that they knew behind and on faith come and settle in Uath/Wyoming.

No comments: