Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Love Bug




I have been sharing with Sydney my love for Disney movies- specifically the classics-like Summer Magic, Swiss Family Robinson, The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band to name a few. Syd loves them-and one movie in particular has made a lasting impression.

Background: as a child we watched the Herbie movies and I still recall one Sunday driving to church when my little brother started freaking out in the family station wagon that he saw a Herbie- we were stopped at a four way stop with Herbie to our right and Jeff was jumping in the car (pre-booster seat laws) and screaming and pointing at this car and the poor driver who had no idea what was going on.

Fastforward to present day. . .Sydney now does the same thing-after watching the Love Bug any "Herbie" we see she has to yell out (from the security of her booster seat) new and old style bugs it does not matter, but in true Sydney style she has added a twist. . .Herbie's cousin (the PT cruiser) we were driving and she said "Mom that is Herbie's cousin!" I looked and it was a PT cruiser!

3 comments:

The McGary Family said...

I still call them "Herbie's" too.

Rebecca said...

I love Summer Magic and The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band. The music is already playing my head. I didn't know you liked them too.

Jaime Rubio said...

How we loved those Disney movies!!!!!!