Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Her Name: Jane Bea

While we did not know if we were having a boy or a girl, after the emotional rollar coaster with Cash's name, Johnny and I decided we would basically have a boy name and a girl name ready this time so that when the baby came out we were commited. Months ago after going through our name book for the thousandth time Johnny said, "What about Jane" and I said "Sold" while it is not based on any other Jane (even though I do love a good Jane Austen novel) it was more so because it was short and sweet. The last name has been in question/debate for a while. Our tradition is that one of their names be after a family member. Afew weeks before her arrival I pitched Bea short for Beatrice after Johnny's grandmother (she went by the nickname of Tommy) then when we realized the baby would be born on the 23rd. Johnny got on his phone i the hospital and began looking up cool trivia about June 23rd and we discovered that on June 23, 1910 Gordan B. Hinkley was born! So the "B' is also a little for him too- (Note: if it had been a boy we last minute switched the middle name ot Gordan) So while I hope o one ever calls her "Plain Jane" she is our sweet little Jane and has already been nicknamed Miss short for Miss Jane.

3 comments:

The McGary Family said...

I am very excited that Jane Bea is finally here.

I need to forward my pics of her to you. I miss her already...and you too...

The Hull Family said...

I think her name is awesome....perfect. Congratulations!

cheyney webb said...

Congrats! I had my baby June 19th. Neat to hear about your birth experience and reasoning behind the name. I love it!