Monday, March 23, 2009

California or Bust


On Friday the kids and I embarked on our trip down to California to see my Mom, sister and family in general, since this was my first trip with two kids by myself I was a little nervous-so with some major prayers in my heart Johnny dropped us off at the airport. . .So picture it (no free hand to capture it) I have on Syd's lavender backpack (too heavy for her), my messenger bag style diaper bag over my shoulder, Cash inside his Bjorn on my chest so that my two hands would be free-one to pull our huge duffel bag and the other to push the stroller which was holding Sydney's toddler seat! with all of this and trying to keep Sydney with me I still had some people not move out of my way and make me move around them! People are classic! So when I went to check in the bag it was of course too heavy and my entourage was joined by our two pillows then placed in the stroller! Security was surprising ok- it was the part I was most concerned about- but as I approached the man announced "family with a stroller" which was code for you get to bypass the regular line and go straight through! So with 4 bins filled with our lap top, shoes, Cash's bottle (which required an additional scan)our stroller and car seat we made it through! Yeah! Overall the plane ride was uneventful and we arrived safe and sound in Long Beach.

No comments: