Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Donut Holes to Gardenias



While I now have to officially declare that Utah is my home, California will always occupy such a large place in my heart and with that memories from sights, sounds, smells and even tastes from my childhood that I love to indulge in when I come "home" the two I have enjoyed on the trip down memory lane were donut holes from Yum Yum donuts- truthfully maybe not the best donut in the world, but as a kid my Mom (who really does not remember doing it) would pick them up for special occasions including snack for Brownies. Well, Yum Yum donuts is still there with their sprinkled treats (I fudged on my no sugar rule-hey I am on vacation)and the legacy lives on Sydney loved them too. My other love is the smell in air in the morning the mixture of dew and my Mom's gardenia's ahh. . .home

1 comment:

michelle said...

That looks really really good right now. Maybe I can pull the pregnancy card and make Jared go get me some sprinkled donuts?